Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

27 Weeks and the 4D Ultrasound

Today was a big day - 27 weeks, my 1 hour glucose screening, a rhogam shot, and our 4D ultrasound. For obvious reasons, the 4D ultrasound was the highlight of the day. AND the fact that I'm measuring right on schedule - I was afraid they were going to tell me I was the size of a humpback whale.

Baby Girl was rather uncooperative. Apparently she loves burying her face in her hands or in the wall of my uterus. She is also very low - her head is by my right hip bone so they had a hard time getting good shots of her face. We got to watch her for about 45 minutes while they tried to get her to move. My favorite was watching her little mouth and lips move. She even stuck her tongue out at one point. Below are a few of our favorite still photos and a short video clip.






The appetite finally seems to be subsiding a bit as evidenced by the fact I made it through the past 2 weeks including Christmas without gaining any weight. However, my days of bending over appear to be numbered. It is becoming more and more of a feat as is turning over at night. For the most part I am still feeling good and Baby Girl is staying very active. Here is what she is up to this week...

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love the pics! I know you're so excited for your sweet girl's arrival! And don't worry about those measurements! :) Adair measured big, but decided to come early! Three and half weeks early and she still weighed 7lbs, 14oz! :) Good luck with the final stretch of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete