Saturday, March 26, 2011
"B" seems to be the favorite letter right now at our house. Emma Claire is into books, balloons, and birds all of which she can also say. She reads during diaper changes, when she's getting dressed/undressed, in the bathtub (tub books), in the car, etc. She recently started crawling up into her chair with a book to look at. She is really enjoying touch and feel books and lift the flap books these days.
Reading while Daddy dries her hair
She also loves balloons. We kept her birthday balloon tied to her highchair until he finally died about a month after her birthday. You can ask her where her balloon is and she will point to it or grab it while saying balloon. She also gets really excited by all of the balloons in our Kroger produce department. We ended up replacing her birthday balloon with a new one since she loves them so much.
And lastly, she loves birds. They have a bird feeder at one of the windows in her classroom and also at Grandma and Pops house and she loves to watch the birds. She also has learned to identify Big Bird and will point to him and say bird. It's probably my favorite word that she says right now because it sounds so sweet. I'll try to get a video soon.
Posted by Whitney at 9:19 PM
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Daddy worked hard all day Saturday finishing up Emma Claire's swingset while Emma Claire played outside. She loves it! She especially loves to crawl around in the playhouse part and slide too. And she does pretty good and climbing the ladder with our help. Every day this week we've played on her swingset for a good half hour or so after school/work. Here are a few pictures of playtime on Sunday. Got to love NC weather - shorts & tshirt on Saturday, fleece jacket & hat on Sunday, and Monday we were back into the 80's.
Posted by Whitney at 10:22 PM
Spring has sprung and we've been enjoying some beautiful weather these last few days. Emma Claire absolutely LOVES to be outside. She was outside 4-5 hours straight on Saturday. I tried to bring her in for a nap and she would have nothing to do with it. She was perfectly content to play in her pack n play or sit in her swing and watch Daddy finish her swingset.
Posted by Whitney at 10:13 PM
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Miss Priss is 13 months old! Here is our monthly update. We are changing the format of the pictures moving forward as she was getting too wild in the glider.
- Size 3/4 diapers
- Size 6-12 & 9-12 month clothes (still some 6-9 as well)
- Size 2 Shoes (3-6 months) Smallest feet ever!
- Eats 3 meals, 2 snacks, & nurses 3 times a day
- Sleeps 11 hrs/night and takes 2 naps.
- She drinks cow's milk now at school and took her last bottle on her 1st birthday. She now drinks only out of sippy cups.
- Says Mama, Dada, Bye Bye, Woof Woof, Book & tries to say baby, doggy, more, & birdie
- Understands when we say book & balloon and will locate the respective object (she loves her balloon left over from her birthday)
- Signs "more"
- Favorite foods are bananas, peaches, blueberries, green beans, bread, cheese
- Walks while holding your hands or alone while holding on to a push toy
- She is turning into a little monkey and likes to climb on things (stand on toys to reach other toys, attempts to climb into her toy box, on top of end table, into/out of bathtub, out of highchair/shopping cart, etc.).
- And after 13 months, I'm very happy to report she is finally has her first tooth! Looks like her lower left front tooth and it's just broken through the skin.
Here is our 12 month comparison (click to enlarge)...
Posted by Whitney at 11:00 PM
At Emma Claire's 1 year appointment, she weighed 18 lbs 5.5 oz and measured 27 1/2 inches tall. She's fallen into the 5th percentile for height and just above the 5th percentile for weight. It's been an amazing first year and we've enjoyed every second of it! It's hard to be too sad about her turning a year old because she is so much fun right now! Here is what she is up to these days:
Size 6-9, 6-12, & 9-12 month clothes
Size 3/4 diapers
Size 2 shoes (equivalent to 3-6 month)
Eats 3 meals, 2 snacks, & nurses 3x a day
Crawling with ease
Pulling up with ease
Cruising around objects and will let go of one object to turn and grab another
Climbing the stairs
Says Mama, Dada, Bye-Bye, & Woof Woof
Waves bye, blows kisses, claps
Her favorite toy is probably either her Leap Frog Learning Table or Potsy (singing pot with veggies in it).
She is becoming more and more interested in books. She likes to turn the pages & also enjoys touch and feel books.
She loves all things Elmo and Sesame Street, Savannah (our dog), going on walks in her big red car, and bathtime.
Here is the 11 month comparison (click to enlarge)...
Posted by Whitney at 10:51 PM
Gasp! 11 months, already? Here is what she is up to...
- Crawling - up on her hands and knees now
- Pulling up on anything and everything
- Will cruise between objects that are close together
- Drinking out of a sippy cup & straw
- Sleeping 10-11 hours a night
- Eating 3 meals, 2 snacks, and nursing 3-4 times daily
- Size 4 diapers
- Mostly 9 months but some 12 months clothes
- We are fairly certain she is saying Dada and Mama - we question whether its concidence or intentional.
- Waving bye
- Taking bites -we can give her bigger pieces of food and she will take bites off
Here is the 10 month comparison...
Posted by Whitney at 10:39 PM
Posted by Whitney at 10:24 PM
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
The #1 reason I resisted daycare for the first 10 months of Emma Claire's life was the inevitable sickness that goes with it. I love that she obviously loves it & is thriving but I absolutely hate the sickness that goes with the territory. We are now on count it... ROUND 3 of antibiotics for Emma Claire's ear infection that just won't go away. She has had it for going on a month now. Somewhere in the midst of that she also managed to catch the stomach virus which she shared with Kyle who unknowingly shared with his Mom, Dad, and Brother. By some miracle I managed to escape it other then being fully initiated into motherhood by Emma Claire throwing up all over me. Hopefully this latest round is what she needs to be on the mend and our household to return to health! I have to say through all of it she has been a complete trooper! The stomach virus barely slowed her down.
Posted by Whitney at 10:01 PM
I love, love, love this picture. The story behind it is she had a really bad diaper rash this weekend so Kyle and I decided maybe it would help to air it out. Sounds like a good idea, right? She proceeded to pee in the floor twice and all over me once in about a 10 minute span so the diaper went back on. We got lots of giggles though.
Posted by Whitney at 9:58 PM
Emma Claire got a swingset for her birthday. We are so excited about the many years of fun it will bring her and can't wait for the weather to warm up for good. Kyle has it about 75% assembled - enough that she can swing. Her are a few pictures of her enjoying it.
Posted by Whitney at 9:49 PM
On Sunday, February 20 we celebrated Emma Claire's first birthday with our friends and family. Here are a few pictures from the day!
Emma Claire, Nurse April, & Trey
Playing with her cousins in the bounce house
Posted by Whitney at 9:20 PM