Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

1st Dr. Appt.

Today was my 1st doctors appointment. I saw the prenatal nurse who asked me a bunch of questions, gave me a lot of paperwork, and took some blood for bloodwork. It was a bit overwhelming when she started talking about childbirth classes, picking a pediatrician by 30 weeks, preregistering for the hospital by a certain week (can't remember), etc.

We were able to schedule our first ultrasound for this Thursday at 9AM. This was an answered prayer - I was afraid I was going to have to wait a few weeks. I am so excited to be able to see the baby - I think that will make it a lot more real for both of us as well as ease our nerves. The tough part will be waiting the next 8-12 weeks to find out the gender.

Luckily, I am still feeling great. I don't have any of the stereotypical pregnancy symptoms that you hear about - just ones that you don't know about until you get pregnant.

I'll be sure to post ultrasound pictures after Thursday. Even though no one knows about the blog for now - I'm sure everyone will want to catch up after the big announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment