Thursday, October 14, 2010

32 Weeks

Emma Claire spent the week with Grandma and Pop while Kyle and I were on our cruise. Grandma was nice enough to document Emma Claire's week for us in her words and take lots of pictures so I thought I would share!

My Visit to Grandma and Pop's House
By Emma Claire Louise Rodgers as told to Grandma

Mommy and Daddy went on a trip on a big boat so I got to go stay at Grandma and Pops house. I wanted to write it down so Mommy and Daddy knows all about the great time I had.

Fri. Sept. 24, 2010
Mommy and Daddy brought me over to Grandma and Pops house tonight. They tucked me in bed over here because they had an early flight out tomorrow morning.

Sat. Sept. 25, 2010
My bed at Grandma and Pops is really comfortable and I slept really well last night. Grandma woke up about 6:30 this morning because she thought I’d be getting up soon. I fooled her. I slept in until 7:50. She heard me talking so she came and got me and we went downstairs. She had coffee and I had my bottle. It was really nice out on the porch. We watched the birds for awhile. I jumped in my Jumparoo and Grandma worked on jewelry.  Pop got up and he played with me on a blanket on the floor.  I had some cereal for breakfast and about 10:15 I was just worn out so I took a nap for about an hour. 

We watched the Wolfpack beat Georgia Tech 45-28. It was a good game and I cheered real hard. I had some yogurt during the game and Pop gave me my bottles today. I was so tired after the game I took another nap. Grandma worked on jewelry but she hasn’t started my new bracelet yet. She said she had to finish a necklace first. I was really good today. I didn’t “break” at all.

I had sweet taters and peaches for dinner. Grandma got me in my jammies, gave me a bottle and read the story In Grandma’s Arms. I was really tired. They wore me out today.  We said my prayer asking God to watch over Mommy and Daddy on the big boat and I laid down, squirmed until I got comfy and I went right to sleep about 8:15.

Sun. Sept. 26, 2010
I got up today about 7:15. Same routine.  I had a bottle and Grandma had coffee. She finished up some jewelry while I played on the floor and in my Jumparoo.  She made my pink and brown pearl bracelet but it didn’t match the pink dress I had on today so she made me a pink, purple and turquoise bead one too! 

I had peaches in my cereal this morning. That was good and Grandma said I’m a member of the Clean Plate Club. I went upstairs and took a nap but I was afraid I was going to miss something so I took a short one.

I met my cousins and Uncle Scott and Aunt Anne at the playground by Club Worx. It was a nice playground but I was a little tired. I should have taken a longer nap. I watched Tyler and Lane climb all over the stuff. They are really good! Someday I will be able to do that too. Uncle Scott has scratchy stuff all over his face. I wasn’t too fond of that but Aunt Anne gave me lots of kisses. 

When we left we went to a place called Dairy Queen. Everyone got some yummy looking stuff but Grandma followed all the rules and didn’t give me any. Darn! I fell asleep on the way home. I did try to take an afternoon nap but it started raining real hard and making loud noises. I think that may have been too much noise to sleep. 

Grandma made green beans and pears for dinner. It was pretty good. I’m still a member of the Clean Plate club! After my dinner Grandma gave me a bath while Pop cooked their dinner. I kicked and splashed. I liked my bath. I was so tired tonight I had to take a short nap with Pop before I had my story and bottle.  Grandma read me Counting Kisses tonight. I’m getting lots of kisses here. Way more than I can count! I fell asleep on my bottle but I finished it. Never even woke up when Grandma put me in my blanket sleeper.  Grandma said my prayers for me since I fell asleep. 

I wonder what we will do tomorrow….

Mon. Sept. 27, 2010
It was a rainy day today and I sure missed my time on the porch. All the rain and the busy weekend made me kind of tired and I was a little cranky. I got up around 7:15 and went back to bed for a nap by 9:30. Took an hour nap and then Grandma and I just hung out. We stayed in our jammies most of the morning and she let me watch some PBS Kids Sprout. She thought that would be OK with Mommy.  I took another short nap about 1:00 pm until 2:20.

Uncle Scott asked us to pick up Tyler at his bus stop so we went for a ride. We got there a little early and I was getting tired of sitting but Tyler’s bus finally came and he played with me on the way back to Grandma’s house.  He’s good with kids my age since he has 3 younger brothers.

Pop fed me my dinner tonight. He said he had to practice because he is picking me up from Ms. Erica’s tomorrow.  He gave me a Mum Mum for dessert!  I visited with Lane and Aunt Anne when they came to pick up Tyler. After they left Pop gave me my bottle, Grandma read me a story, said my prayers and I was tucked in bed about 8:00. I snuggled in without a fuss. I heard Grandma tell Pop she was going to bed early tonight too. I guess the rain made her tired too.

Tues. Sept. 28, 2010
I went back to Erica’s today. Grandma got me up, changed me, fed me and took me to play with my friends.  We planned on getting there about 7:00 but got there about 7:20. It wasn’t my fault. I drank my bottle fast. Grandma just didn’t get up early enough to get us both ready. That’s OK, I didn’t mind. I got to sleep in until about 7:00 am.

Pop got up early so he could leave work early enough to pick me up. I was happy to see him. When we got home he fixed me my dinner. Since I ate it all I got to have a Mum Mum. I think he would have given it to me anyway but I like the food Mommy and Daddy make especially for me. I sat in my seat on the kitchen counter while he unloaded the dishwasher. He is pretty good in the kitchen.

Grandma worked through lunch and left work early in case Pop needed help but we were fine.  When Grandma came home I played in the tub and got in my jammies. I was pretty worn out today. I drank my bottle and went to bed by 8:00.

Wed. Sept. 29, 2010
Pretty much the same morning routine again this morning. We got to Erica’s about the same time. It was a little cooler this morning so I wore a sleeper to Erica’s. According to the report Erica sends home every day I took a long afternoon nap and had a good day at Erica’s. 

I was really excited to see Pop when he came today. I like the time I spend with Pop in the evening.  Pop doesn’t like it when I “break” so I make sure and not “break” when I’m with Pop. We started dinner tonight and Grandma stopped at my house to check on Little Man and pick up my milk. Grandma got me ready for bed and gave me my bottle. I was asleep in her arms by 8:00.

Thurs. Sept 30, 2010
It was pouring all day yesterday and last night. Luckily it quit before we left for Erica’s this morning or I’d have gotten wet! We got there about 7:20 again. I think Grandma has given up getting there around 7:00. I was talking to Mr. Caterpillar when she got me up this morning. He has kept me company in my crib all week.

I had another good day at Erica’s. After Pop picked me up I had dinner and then we played on the floor in the foyer. He was teaching me how to crawl. I’m really good at rolling where I want to go. When Grandma came home Pop was giving me a bath. We were having lots of fun.  I had my bottle and I was sound asleep.

Fri. Oct 1, 2010
Our morning routine was about the same as the rest of the week. TGIF! Mommy and Daddy come home tomorrow! Pop left work early today so he picked me up early. We went to the grocery on the way home. Pop wanted to buy me some more cookies but he couldn’t find the ones Mommy says I can have.  I think he was tempted to sneak me some other ones but he was strong and didn’t give in to temptation…Darn!

When Grandma got home we did our usual evening routine of jammies, bottle, stories, prayers. I was ready for bed about 8:00.

Sat. Oct 2, 2010
This is my last day at Grandma and Pop’s so I had to get up early. I got up about 6:15. Grandma and I played on my blanket and we looked at jewelry books and magazines. I think she is looking for something to do tomorrow since I have to go home and she will be bored. 

It was too cool to play on the porch and watch the birds like we did last Saturday so I laid on Pop’s couch and watched Saturday morning cartoons for a little while. I took a pretty long nap this morning but those noisy dogs woke me up barking at something.  

We have a busy afternoon planned. First we are going to Tyler’s football game and then we have to come home and cheer on the Wolfpack. They are playing Virginia Tech today.

Mommy and Daddy came tonight and they brought my Savannah. I was so excited to see all of them.
Well the game is over and I cheered real hard but the Wolfpack lost today. I bet it was because Grandma sold her tickets to the game today but don’t tell her that. She was upset enough when they lost.

Pop cooked dinner tonight while Daddy, Grandma and I watched the game. After they ate dinner they loaded up all my stuff and we finally went back to my house. It was a fun week at Grandma and Pops but it feels so good to be home. I hope Mommy and Daddy had as much fun on their trip as I did. I don’t mind if they go again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment