Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Babies Don't Keep

Babies grow up, we have learnt to our sorrow,

So try and leave jobs that can wait till tomorrow.

Children grow older while you are not looking,

And years stretch ahead full of cleaning and cooking.

So quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep,

I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.



This is one of those proverbs that makes its rounds every few years in a forward. As Emma Claire grows older I grow more and more aware that my days of rocking my baby will soon be coming to an end and how true this proverb is. For this reason I cherish rocking her every night and sometimes rock her just a few minutes longer knowing the time will be coming to an end. Last night my sweet girl woke up at 2:30AM and was awake to just a little past 4AM for no other apparent reason then she wanted her mommy. So as tired as I was we rocked and rocked and although I don't want to make a habit of middle of the night rocking sessions I must admit it was kind of wonderful sitting there rocking my baby in the peaceful quiet of the night. Babies don't keep and I'm getting all the rocking in I can!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so cherishing the moments I can cuddle and rock Matthew. People alway tell you how fast your kids will grow up, but you really don't realize it until you are in the throws of it.

    ReplyDelete