Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

7 Months!

I've been so engrossed in reading tonight I almost forgot to post. So far this pregnancy I've done little reading compared to most first time mom's I know. From time to time I would think to myself, I really should probably be doing some reading and finally this past week or so it's really kicked in. I've been reading Secrets of the Baby Whisperer recommended by my friend Jenn and I've been doing a lot of research on childbirth. I have a few more books on the way at the recommendation of another friend.


This past week was eventful with all the work we got done on the nursery. I also received word that I passed my 1-hour gestational diabetes test - hoorah! The biggest change I've noticed this week is trouble sleeping. I either have trouble going to sleep or trouble falling back to sleep if I wake up in the middle of the night. Other then that everything is still going well. Baby Girl is kicking up a storm and from time to time I have a period of regular movements that I believe to be hiccups. Here is what Baby Girl is officially up to this week:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.


No comments:

Post a Comment