Wow, my sweet baby girl turned 6 months old on Wednesday. Sadly, we are on the downward slide towards 1 which I am sure will be here all too soon. I can't believe 6 months have already passed since we welcomed her into the world. Selfishly I wish I could keep her this age forever. I know, I know - there is so much ahead of us and I'll love all that too. But right now, I love it when her face lights up when I go to pick her up in the morning. I love looking in my rearview mirror and seeing that sweet girl looking back at me. I love how she coos when we change her diaper - yes, she loves getting her diaper changed. I love how she rubs my chest when she nurses. I love how she lights up for her daddy - no one can make her smile and laugh quite like he can. I love everything about her and this age. She really does have the sweetest spirit. She has put my entire life into such a different perspective. The little things that used to ruin my day or at least put me into a bad mood no longer matter. All that matters is that smiling face waiting on me. She has brought more joy and fulfillment to my life then I ever could have imagined.
Today we had her 6 month check-up. She weighs 15lbs 4 oz and is 24 1/2 inches long. She is a little bit above the 25th percentile for weight and is 25th for head circumference and 10th for height. She's hitting all of her milestones just like she should. She's a healthy girl and we are so thankful.
Here are a few other things worth noting:
- Wearing Size 2 Diapers although I think we will be moving up to Size 3 any day now
- Still wearing 0-3 dresses and 3-6 of everything else
- She loves to make sounds with her mouth - what we call "beat boxing" and she will sometimes imitate us.
- She sits up well with support and I don't think she is far off from sitting up on her own.
- She grabs toys and most everything including her hands go in her mouth. She particularly loves a rattle toy my sister bought her, her doll Grandma bought her, and her puppy Aunt Katie bought her.
- She rolls over from her back to stomach with ease but gets stuck on her stomach and winds up fussing to be rolled back over.
- She is sleeping 9-10 hours at night and usually takes 2 long naps, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. Sometimes she sneaks a quick one in during the evening. She prefers to nap on her side or tummy.
- She will crane her head to watch a tv, computer screen, or cell phone. We are going to have to keep a close watch on her. I had to turn off the tv the other day because she was more interested in watching Food Network then playing in her jumperoo.
- She loves to be outside.
- She rarely cries. She will fuss a little when tired or hungry but that is easily remedied. She is very easy going and will go to most anyone.