Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 26, 2010

2/26 Update


I arrived this morning to find Miss Emma Claire dressed for the first time in a very special outfit - one worn by her cousin Chloe who was also a preemie. She looks pretty cute in it if I may say so myself.

During the night they removed her IV and feeding tube so the only things hooked up to her now are her monitors. They also increased her feeds - she can now eat as much as she will take but a minimum of 30 ml (just over an ounce). She also passed her hearing test. The biggest news of the day is Emma Claire will transported in the morning to Rex Hospital in Raleigh (where I was suppose to deliver). Duke needs beds and our little girl is the healthiest in the nursery. We are both a little sad to be leaving Duke because they've been amazing in every way to us but happy our little girl is the healthiest in the nursery and happy knowing we are making room for babies who need extra special care. We will be closer to home and hopefully get to take Emma Claire home the first part of the week. I'll be staying with my lil sis from college who lives only 5 minutes or so from the hospital. I'm just not ready to be a half hour away from her yet! Thanks Hannah for letting me stay with you!
As always, thank you all for your prayers and support! It has meant so much to both Kyle and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment