Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 1, 2010

8 Months!


Last Thursday we had our first baby shower thrown by Kyle's co-workers. We had a great time and it was really nice for me to finally see after 6 years where Kyle spends his days. He got to give me a tour of his lab and I met many of his co-workers that I had not met before. Baby Girl got lots of goodies and I spent the weekend putting everything away and washing crib sheets, blankets, and some clothes to get ready.


I'm still feeling pretty good for the most part. I've been sleeping better then I was - the trick is to cut off the liquids after dinner. Although I wouldn't say I'm ready to have her by any means, I do look forward to being a normal size again and having full mobility back and be able to sleep on my stomach again. Here is what Baby Girl is up to this week...

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment